Unleash your inner foodie during the Rockridge Neighborhood Heritage & Walking Food Tour! During this three-hour long guided walking tour we’ll share the area’s rich history and explore its fast-growing dining culture—all while enjoying some seriously delicious samplings along the way!
Our Rockridge Food Tour is just as appealing to visitors as it is to locals alike—it’s a rare opportunity to learn some little-known facts about the area that may even surprise those who call Rockridge home. Enjoy an opportunity to skip the typical Bay Area tourist traps and dive deep into the food culture, history, architecture, and current happenings of this European-inspired oasis.
- Visit six tasting locations with food samples and demonstrations to highlight the area’s local deliciousness.
- Discover the rich history of Rockridge, the Bay Area’s “urban village” and first commuter neighborhood.
- Enjoy an Exclusive Tasting Guide with map and discounted offerings from our tasting locations.
- DEPARTURE TIMES: Sundays at 11 am
- DURATION & DISTANCE: 3 hours covering 1.7 miles (2 miles including return to start point, if needed)
- “Progressive Eating” experience—Come with an appetite! Local selections offer enough to keep you satisfied, but not stuffed.
- SALES DEADLINE: Tickets must be purchased at least three hours before the day’s tour
- WHO: Everyone! (kids welcome)
- CAPACITY: up to 12 guests per tour
- WHAT TO WEAR/BRING: Comfortable clothing and walking shoes; bottle of water
- WEATHER CONDITIONS: Light Rain or Shine (Tours may be cancelled 24 hours in advance for heavy rain/weather)
- MEETING POINT: Outside the Oakland Public Library Rockridge Branch – 5366 College Avenue
Enjoy our “best-of” Rockridge highlights, including:
- Seasonal Southern-Italian-meets-California delicacies and optional* James Beard award winning wine from the Zagat-rated restaurant leading the charge on bringing fine dining to the East Bay.
- Crispy chicken tacos and optional* house-made margaritas made from scratch with no artificial ingredients from a neighborhood staple for 30 years.
- Pairings of local and global seasonally-inspired cheeses at the Bay Area’s first European-style marketplace, inspired by Les Halles in Paris.
- A selection of house-made sausages, courtesy of a Rockridge local butcher whose high-quality products have remained a staple of the area throughout its many changes.
- A sweet and fluffy morning bun from one of the finest authentic French patisseries in the Bay Area that will have you saying “oui!”
- Visit the birthplace of America’s first blockbuster ice cream flavor at a parlor that takes you back in time.
*Want to add some additional “spirit” to your tour? Select the VIP Adventurer option for only $15:
- – Southern Italian white wine part of the James Beard winning Best Wine Program of North America
- – Specialty margarita made with Sabe Blanco, a unique blend of blanco tequila from Mexico and premium sake from Japan
- – Local Food Adventures tote bag perfect for carrying the amazing eats you discover along the way
By selecting our VIP Adventurer option you swear and affirm that you are over the age of 21.
READY TO BUY TICKETS?
Tickets can be purchased online or by calling (510) 604-6546 up to an hour prior to the start of the tour. Let the Rockridge Food Tour help you discover your local yummy!