Green Hills. Great Schools. Good-tasting Eats. Our Eat – Stay – Love Lafayette food tour is a family-friendly tour great for newbies and anyone looking to discover this side of the Caldecott Tunnel.
- Visit five tasting locations with food samples and demonstrations to highlight the area’s local deliciousness.
- Discover the rich history of Lafayette and the Lamorinda area.
- Enjoy an Exclusive Tasting Guide with map and discounted offerings from our tasting locations.
- DEPARTURE TIMES: Last Saturday of every month at 11 am (June – October)
- June 24, 2017
- July 29, 2017
- August 26, 2017
- September 30, 2017
- October 28, 2017
- DURATION & DISTANCE: 2 hours covering 0.5 miles
- “Progressive Eating” experience—Come ready for lunch! Local selections offer enough to keep you satisfied, but not stuffed.
- SALES DEADLINE: Tickets must be purchased at least three hours before the day’s tour
- WHO: Everyone! (kids welcome)
- CAPACITY: up to 12 guests per tour
- WHAT TO WEAR/BRING: Comfortable clothing and walking shoes; bottle of water
- WEATHER CONDITIONS: Light Rain or Shine (Tours may be cancelled 24 hours in advance for heavy rain/weather)
- MEETING POINT: Outside the Papillon Coffee – 67 Lafayette Circle, Lafayette, CA
Enjoy our hometown food tour, including:
- Freshly brewed coffee selection prepared by Lafayette’s 2016 Businesswoman of the Year with an amazing personal story to tell.
- A delectable French-style pastry from a favorite East Bay farmer’s market staple
- Learn the proper way to taste authentic extra virgin olive oils and balsamic vinegars sourced from around the world from a family-owned business who is leading the charge in its industry.
- Dip your fork into spicy and savory dishes inspired by the original table fare of the Golden State’s Spanish and Mexican Californios of the 18th Century.
- Finish with a modern twist on the classic cupcake at a local favorite that makes all of it’s in-house desserts from scratch and with the freshest and finest ingredients.
READY TO BUY TICKETS?
Tickets can be purchased online or by calling (510) 604-6546 up to an hour prior to the start of the tour. Let the Rockridge Food Tour help you discover your local yummy!